domingo, 18 de marzo de 2018

3rd Grade [session2]

Have to.
  • We use have to to talk about strong obligation that comes from somewhere else; for example from you boss, you parents, a rule at school or work.
    Examples:
    I have to be home by ten. (My parents told me so.)
    I have to get up early, because I start work at 8. (It is a rule.)
    I have to stop when the traffic light is red. (It is the law.)
  • Don't have to means that there isn't any obligation at all,
    there is no need to do it.

    Examples:
    don't have to get up early at weekend. (I can stay in bed as long as I want.)
    You don't have to go with me. (You can go with me if you want to.)
  • We use has to/doesn't have to for 3rd person singular pronouns: he, she & it.


Exercise 1. Choose have to / has to or don't have to / doesn't have to.
  1. Every man  do military service in my country. It's obligatory.
  2. When do we  pay for the next term?
  3. Policemen  wear a uniform.
  4. A pilot  train for many years.
  5. Does Susan  work long hours?
  6.  get up early on Sundays. I can stay in bed.
  7. You  have a visa to come to Ukraine.
  8. You  to do it if you don't want to.
  9. My daughter  to cook, because I cook for the whole family.
  10. We  pay. It's free.
Exercise 2. Complete the sentences with have to or has to.

1. They ____________ write in the test.
2. She ____________ clean her desk.
3. Ken and Liz ____________ learn English words for their class.
4. andy ____________ help his brother tomorrow.
5. We ____________ do our homework before class.
6. He ____________ write with a pencil.
7. I ____________ feed the hamster.
8. You ____________ take photos.
9. Victoria ____________ read the newspaper.
10. The teacher ____________ send a text message.

Exercise 3. Create 3 sentences with things that are or aren't obligations for you.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario